Fiduciary Trust International is a wealth management firm founded in 1931 by families for families, with a singular focus on growing and protecting our clients’ wealth through generations. We work closely with individuals, families and foundations to build and manage personalized investment portfolios, and to develop estate plans that extend wealth to future generations. And, we are part of Franklin Templeton, one of the largest investment firms in the world. That means we can combine a personalized experience with access to sophisticated research and investment solutions.
Our Radnor, PA office, approximately 30 minutes outside of Philadelphia, is hiring a Sr. Trust Officer to join our office of 60 investment and trust professionals. This position is responsible for the ongoing and day-to-day administration of advisory and trust accounts and wealth planning for clients.
What are the responsibilities of a Sr. Trust Officer?
- Administer trust accounts while remaining current on relevant laws, issues and topics
- Understand clients’ wealth planning needs and provide advice and solutions regarding same
- Participate in business development activities including meeting with prospective clients and representing the firm at company sponsored/industry events
- Perform annual administrative reviews for all accounts
- Work closely with the Relationship Managers to establish and maintain client contact. While working with the Relationship Managers, act as a point of contact for client and intermediaries with accountants, attorneys, and other trusted advisors
- Coordinate with tax department concerning potential tax issues as needed
- Review daily overdraft report to determine how to cure income overdrafts. Coordinate with Portfolio Manager to raise cash to cure principal overdrafts
- Handle termination of trusts in coordination with our Trust Counsel, Investment department, Tax departments, and other parties as necessary
- Oversee the new account process from opening to final funding
- Manage and oversee large complex client relationships that include trusts, family limited partnerships, GRATs and foundations
Job Requirements (Knowledge/Abilities):
- 10 + years’ experience in a trust and estate role, preferably in a financial services organization
- Bachelor’s Degree required. JD or CFP a plus.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be detail-orientated
APPLY NOW! Interested applicants can email a resume to Lisa.Skarr@FranklinTempleton.com for consideration.
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match on your pre-tax and/or Roth contributions, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton”.
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, or gender expression, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.