Summary of Position:
Responsible for conducting investment analysis; providing asset research and portfolio management services to customers of Investment Services and Trust Teams, administering investment policies consistent with trust policy & procedure and related regulations. Participating with Senior Investment Portfolio Management in achieving goals for the unit; communicating with the appropriate personnel; responding to inquiries or requests for information; maintaining appropriate records and providing assigned reports.
Demonstrate industry knowledge to effectively communicate with clients.
- Develop an understanding of all SEI investment portfolio strategies.
- Possess general understanding of the markets and current macro and micro events that may be impacting the market.
- Development of investment policy statements
- Provide analysis of existing portfolios
- Assist with portfolio tax transition issues
- Make portfolio recommendations with all beneficiaries in mind.
- A strong attention to detail
- Have or obtain a general knowledge of applicable federal & state trust laws and regulations
Proactively assess client and firm needs with a focus on retaining and attaining assets.
- Assist the team in marketing related activities
- From an investment perspective, serve as primary internal contact for advisors on opening of new accounts.
- Responsible for tracking and documenting interactions with clients and prospects.
Routinely perform account surveillance to ensure client accounts are invested according to guidelines.
- Assist with rebalancing of client portfolios.
- Participate in Reg 9 reviews.
- Ad hoc cash requests
Build positive relationships and collaborate with others throughout the sales network.
- Act as a liaison with teams throughout SEI to facilitate resolution of client needs.
- Collaborate with team members to review current policies and procedures and recommend changes that will increase efficiency and promote uniformity.
- Coordinate with others on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects that will enhance our service capability.
- Maintain a high standard of verbal and written communication.
- Take an engaged role in team and firm-wide initiatives including integration of new technology and client service initiatives.
- BA or BS undergraduate degree is preferred
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience working in a client service role; financial sector experience preferred.
- Series 65 or other similar relevant licenses, CFP, CTFA or other designations is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, financial spreadsheets, and client database management programs.
- Must possess exceptional client relationship and interpersonal skills; able to excel in client delivery and value additions
- Must have superior team orientation and be a self-starter.
- Must be accurate in compiling data and other materials.
- Must be well organized and attentive to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to effectively coordinate and prioritize tasks and needs.
- Must have a high degree of personal integrity and honesty, with an emphasis on continued growth and excellence in work product.
Based in Oaks, SEI Investment main campus. Expected travel is on about 10-15% of the time.
Please contact Kevin Bader @