Laura Solomon & Associates, a growing firm dedicated to serving nonprofit, tax-exempt organizations and philanthropic individuals (www.laurasolomonesq.com), is seeking a new Associate Attorney who is interested in joining our practice. Located on the Main Line, just west of Philadelphia, the firm is recognized as a leader in the charitable sector and works exclusively on matters related to tax-exempt organizations and philanthropic matters, serving as general counsel to hundreds of public charities, private foundations, trade associations, and other nonprofits. We counsel clients locally, around the U.S., and internationally.
This position offers a tremendous opportunity for learning and professional growth and has the following requirements:
- Demonstrated commitment to, and desire to work with, nonprofit organizations and philanthropic individuals
- 3 to 5 years’ applicable legal experience, with large law firm experience strongly preferred
- A knowledge base in the following areas (familiarity with application to exempt organizations/nonprofits is strongly preferred):
corporate law (incorporation, Bylaw and Resolution drafting; nonprofit corporate and transactional experience is strongly preferred)
trusts and estates (Orphans Court and charitable gift planning)
real estate law
- Licensed to practice law in PA (additional states, including NJ, NY, and DE, are helpful)
- Excellent communications skills – both orally and in writing, including ability to explain legal concepts to non-lawyers
- Strong legal and business judgement
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Personal Characteristics - positive; decisive; hardworking; mature; professional; detail-oriented; poised/level headed; articulate; takes responsibility and initiative; energetic; thoughtful; team player; flexible and able to juggle competing client demands
Other factors for consideration include:
- Other relevant professional experience in the nonprofit sector
- Masters of Law in Taxation
- Nonprofit board experience
- Public speaking experience.
Our firm has an excellent work culture and strong commitment to our clients. We wholeheartedly serve our clients and their missions. This is a firm where you can do meaningful work with nonprofits and be supported and mentored. We expect all of our staff to be able to manage their own schedule and deadlines. To be successful, all members of our office must have high expectations of their own work, attention to detail, and motivation to do excellent work.
As part of the culture of Laura Solomon & Associates, we value our work/family balance and that of our colleagues as well. The firm sets a reasonable and manageable billable hour requirement of 1300 hours. Our compensation package is competitive, including opportunities to be rewarded for your initiative and business development. The firm offers medical/dental insurance. Retirement savings are encouraged through matching 401(k) and profit sharing plan.
To apply for this position, please send your resume with cover letter, two writing samples, and salary history/request to email@example.com.
For more information about the firm, please see www.laurasolomonesq.com