The Senior Tax and Estate Planner will be advising Janney clients and their families through their unique and complex investment journeys by providing advanced estate planning, income tax and financial planning analysis. This person will provide tailored financial strategies to high-net-worth clients (“HNW”) by partnering with Janney’s HNW consulting team and advisors to review and analyze complex client needs and goals. As a member of the trusted advisor’s team of specialists providing an exceptional client experience the Sr Tax and Estate Partner will play an instrumental role in making sure their legacy benefits the heirs and charities they care about the most.
This role can be based in any of the following Janney locations: Philadelphia, PA, Cleveland, OH, Cincinnati, OH, Columbus, OH, New York, NY, Pittsburgh, PA; Boston, MA, Baltimore, MD; Washington, DC, Richmond, VA, Columbia, SC, Charlotte, NC, Nashville, TN, Atlanta, GA, Palm Beach, FL, or Miami, FL.
Leverage expert knowledge of complex income and estate tax as well as financial planning topics to develop holistic solutions for clients and prospects of the HNW Consulting group, with investable assets of over $10MM+.
- Provide thought leadership on advanced estate, wealth transfer and income tax planning strategies; executive compensation issues; business owner transition; asset protection; insurance planning; and suitability of prospective trusteeships
- Partner with HNW Consulting team to strengthen relationships with advisors and clients
- Create and facilitate workshops for clients on recent and relevant tax and estate planning topics.
- Review, analyze and summarize complex income tax returns and estate and trust planning documents.
- Write educational articles and training classes for advisors on recent and relevant tax and estate planning topics, as well as on new tax laws on the impact of the laws on our industry and clients.
- Write expert financial insights for clients on recent and relevant tax and estate planning topics, for publication on Janney website and in national publications.
- Proactively engage in the growth and development of teammates within the Advanced Planning Team. Regularly collaborate, offer guidance, suggestions, while teaming with colleagues in the Advanced Planning team.
- Create strong relationships with external COI’s (attorneys and accountants), to ensure quality network.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 10+ years of experience in the financial services industry required.
- Possess at least one of the following: JD, LLM, MS in Taxation, CPA
- MSFS, ChFC, CFP, CPA, CFA, or comparable advanced knowledge course of study preferred
- Series 7 and 66 preferred.
- Advanced communication, presentation, and relationship skills.
- Proficiency using financial planning software or tools and interpreting results.
- Knowledge of wealth management industry trends and developments.
- Strong client relationship, communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated advanced written, verbal, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Proven experience with group facilitation, presentations, and public speaking.
- Ability to synthesize complex technical knowledge of issues relating to financial planning including, but not limited to income tax, investments, debt management, retirement planning, employee benefits, stock options, insurance, estate planning, and business planning for clients.
- Ability to travel 30-50% of the time.
Individuals hired to work for a team/manager based in our Philadelphia Corporate Headquarters, individuals will be required to show proof of vaccination per our Philadelphia Corporate Headquarters' policy.